Monday, January 27, 2014

Exquisite Jolles Original Petit Point Evening Purse


Petit Point Evening Purse. 1940s/50s. Jolles Original. Exquisite small evening bag with dramatic petit point scene of buildings, bridge, water, flowers and trees on the front and back. At the bottom is a ribbon and floral piece. Thin golden leather detail trim between the front, back and bottom. Lined in peach satin. One inner pocket. Goldtone hardware with a delicate goldtone chain that interestingly connects at opposite ends of the frame.

Jolles was known for its petit point purses and other types of needlework. I think this is an oldie, probably from the ‘40s, although I can’t be sure. It’s truly a work of art.




Bonus pic! J. Jolles Studios business card.



I have my eye right now on some other Jolles ephemera. Will post it here if I manage to snag it. (UPDATE: SCORE! Waiting for it to be shipped.)

No comments: