Monday, October 1, 2012

Capricorn General Crafts Kit Purse


Capricorn Kit Purse. 1960s. Maker: A crafter (housewife), probably from a General Crafts JewelTone Kit. Tote-style linen-look kit purse featuring the astrological goat-fish zodiac sign of Capricorn. It also has numerous sequins, faux gems, beads, gold trim, and a moon-shaped emblem that says “December 22-January 20 CAPRICORN.” Two inner pockets, with one that zips.

Regular followers of this blog know that I have a HUGE collection of these kit purses. I was so excited to acquire a Capricorn, because it’s my astrological sign. Not that I’m a believer—I just thought it was cool. I had no idea that the kit came with the moon-shaped emblem, as I already have a Taurus kit purse, which did not have an emblem, possibly because it fell off sometime in the last forty-something years. (I’m over forty. Things fall off. Or, in my case, down.) Here’s the Taurus: http://vintagepurse.blogspot.com/2011/02/bejeweled-taurus-kit-purse.html

And, if you want to have a little “awwwww, how cute” moment, I’ll tell you that I’m a Capricorn and my husband’s a Taurus. Ready? "AWWWW! How cute!"

Not that he carries a purse.























No comments: