Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pearlized Lucite Clutch. 1950s. Maker: Unknown. Lovely smaller Lucite bag in swirly, shiny, pearlized white, with interesting freeform closure and six tiny goldtone button feet. It’s an unusual combination of curves and flat surfaces, and it snaps closed via a tiny hole in the closure that meets up with another of those small goldtone buttons fastened to the top of the purse.

I have a nice-sized collection of Lucite bags, but I don’t use them as often as my more practical purses. Part of it has to do with their fragility and smaller size, but they can also get very heavy once you load them down with your essentials. This little beauty is in very nice shape and I think I only paid $5 or $10 for it!

Photobucket

Photobucket



3 comments:

lisa said...

in all my days of thrifting I have not found a purse like this. I do like your purse wall of fame. what a great idea to display your collection.

Dina@VintageAdvantage said...

That's a beauty!
I know what you mean about those lucite bags getting heavy...I have a great one that my mother-in-law gave me, and it's so pretty, but once you load it up it's like carrying a pretty little brick around all night :-)

VintagePurseGal said...

Lisa: Amazingly, I got this purse at a vintage show, which are usually pretty pricey. The same seller sold me a '40s dress for ten bucks because it had a few discoloration marks. I don't care--I wear it anyway!

Dina: The good part is that if someone tries to steal your purse, you can use it as a weapon!