Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Unusual Coil Cord Purse. 1940s. Maker: Unknown. Incredible cylindrical purse with ivory “telephone cord”-type coils glued to its fabric sides. Top is reddish-brown molded plastic with a unique beads-in-a-ring clasp (see photo). Metal rims at the top and bottom are painted to match the plastic. There’s a mirror inside the top and a white plastic handle.

This is quite possibly the most unusual coil cord purse I’ve ever seen and certainly the most unusual in my personal collection. Reminds me of a mini-ice bucket. Bring on the champagne!

Photobucket

2 comments:

cromo said...

I have this one in black and white! I'm a fellow telephone cord purse collector! I sold a few this summer....this cylinder one I will never sell! :)

VintagePurseGal said...

Oh, wow! Black and white, how fab! I totally understand... I never want to part with mine, either!