Thursday, September 13, 2007

Birds and Flowers Kit Purse. 1960s. Here’s another of my vintage kit purses, made by a creative crafter back in the late 1960s or early ‘70s. The purse is possibly from a General Crafts Corp. kit, but there were other brands available for purchase at that time, including Tandy and Sophistikits (made by Collins). This is nicely done with jewels forming the birds’ bodies and other shiny trims and notions for the branches, leaves and flowers. It's different than most kit purses in that it's a closed bag and not the open-ended tote-style, which makes it more pickpocket-resistant. (Pickpurse-resistant?) It’s hard for me to remember what I paid for most of my purses, but this one, which I bought about five years ago, cost me ninety-nine cents, the least expensive purse in my collection. A beauty AND a bargain!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

4 comments:

jungle dream pagoda said...

Oh,the adorableness!!! love it!

Holly Hall said...

Me too! Love the birds!

VintagePurseGal said...

Um... sir? I guess I'm not doing a very good job of plucking those chin hairs.

mikishi vintage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.