Friday, August 24, 2007

Floral Trunk-Style Purse. 1960s. Maker: JR Florida. Adorable little vinyl trunk-style purse with pattern of green and blue daisies and sunbursts. Trimmed in green and blue velveteen, with goldtone closure and acrylic handle. I picked this up at the show in Long Beach last week. The seller wanted six bucks for it, but it has some cracks to the vinyl on top and in the back, so I set it down. She then asked for $4, which I accepted, but I felt kind of bad about it, because I’m sure it seemed like I was negotiating when I pointed out the damage, which I wasn’t. Not for six bucks. So I gave her my sincere thanks for letting me have this cute little addition to my collection for practically the cost of a Starbucks’ grande nonfat cappuccino with four Equal. (Yes, I need my chemicals. I’m counting on them to keep me young.)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: