Monday, August 6, 2007

Black Evening Bag with Needlepoint and Beadwork. 1960s. Maker: Caron of Houston. Black stretch-knit fabric bag with mesh insert that features needlepoint flowers, thousands of tiny, multicolored glued-on beads, big faux pink and red jewels and goldtone leaves. The whole busy mess is framed by curly gold-and-black interwoven trim. This eye-catching style is very typical of Caron. I have a number of these bags and they never fail to garner compliments. And cause blurred vision.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

Linda said...

Just discovered your site, LOVE it! I too have a thing for purses. Your collection is impressive! My daughter went to Italy when she was in college. Mid-term a package arrived at my doorstep filled with vintage purses! I was so excited, until I was informed they were for HER collection (guess I trained her well) .... being a mom can be rough! Thanks for sharing .... I'll be out here.

VintagePurseGal said...

Hi Linda! Thanks for posting. Kids, geesh. My 15-year-old is currently into my collection of '50s sweaters. She's going to be heartbroken when she moves out some day and I remind her that they're MINE! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!