Sunday, July 8, 2007

Wood and Wicker Horse and Carriage Box Bag. 1960s. Maker: Gaymode. Wicker box-style purse with wood insert on the front, featuring a hand-painted design of a man driving a horse and carriage. Wicker handle. Goldtone hardware, including “feet” at the bottom. Some wear to the paint, but still a fabulous piece. I told Sweetheartville that, recently, when I was at a swap meet, checking out the felt poodle purse below, I was carrying this one, and the guy from whom I was buying the poodle purse started to give me a price for the wicker one. Had to tell him it was already MINE. Hmm. I just realized that “MINE!” is one of the first things we train our toddlers NOT to say. I guess vintage purses can make one regress in the worst way.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

Holly Hall said...

I love this one! I'm glad that guy backed down, or things might have gotten ugly. Thanks for the mention!

VintagePurseGal said...

Yeah, could you imagine if I'd smacked him with it? Not only might I have dented my wicker purse, but perhaps he would not have sold me the felt one!